Racism in Nursing
Teresa Villaran, MS, MSN, CNE, CNN, CCRN (Alumnus) and panel
This event offers
2.4 contact hours
Accreditation Info: Kentucky Nurses Association - a Kentucky Board of Nursing provider.
Join the Kentucky Nurses Association for a CE Program/Movie Night, "Intersection of Healthcare and Social Justice: Racism in Nursing, 6 - 8 p.m., Thursday, July 21. At the end of this film and panel discussion, participants will be able to:
- Verbalize the impact racism has on achieving a diverse nursing workforce;
- Explore ways the nursing profession as a whole can address racism in nursing;
- Relate racism in nursing to workplace violence;
- Experience peer racism through story telling from panelists and
- Clarify nurses and their role in anti-racism within nursing.
Contact Hours: 2.4
Attendees must stay for duration of this program to be awarded contact hours for continuing nursing education, provide license number upon registration and complete an evaluation for the program. Partial credit will not be awarded for any session. We reserve the right to cancel or alter the program if unanticipated circumstances necessitate changes. The Kentucky Nurses Association is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN). The KBN approval of an individual nursing continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement.